Last updated 2021-07-13
Cost: The cost is $100/person which includes event rental, portable toilets and communal food. Venmo Palmer ASAP to reserve your spot: @Palmer-Auty.
Bring for yourself:
- 💤 Sleeping stuff: Beds are limited and have no linens provided, but plenty of space to camp. Remember that pillow!
- 🧼 Don't forget to bring a towel! There is a bathhouse with showers.
- 💦 Water bottle: Lots of clean drinking water, best to have a reusable container.
- 🍑 Personal stash of snacks or special meals: There is community food (see food plan below) as well.
- 🍹 Liquor or other libations: There will be some community beer and seltzers, but they tend to go fast.
- 💺 Camp chair or something to lounge in.
- 🦟 Bug spray + sunscreen: We have some for sharing as well.
- 🔦 Flashlight for night!
- 🕶 Sunglasses for day!
- ☀️ Swim gear: Lots of water to play in, so bring a swimsuit, towel, and river shoes.
- 🎉 Outfits that make you feel hype!
- 🥰 Outfits that make you feel cozy on chilly nights!
- 🩲 Underwear, probably?
Lend to the crew, will be returned:
- 🧊 ICE. Ok so this won't be returned, likely.
- 🔌 Extension cords
- 💡 Exterior lights for lighting up paths
- ☕️ Coffee pot
Food plan by Chef M@:
- Unless people specifically volunteer (Elish has already requested to make a breakfast), all food/meals will be the 'serve yourself' variety.
- The food collected for the W is yours to eat! You don't need to ask anyone if it's ok to have a muffin or if you want to cook a cheeseburger before anyone else does. All of this food will be stored in the main office kitchen.
- Most, if not all the food, will be purchased from CostCo this week. I'm buying non-perishable stuff this weekend, while the fresher foods will be purchased on Tuesday probably.
- Feel free to bring your own food! The communal food will be for everyone, but the food you bring is yours alone (unless you decide to share it). Because of that, if you're bringing your own food, consider bringing a personal cooler, or coordinating with someone to find a cooler to share. ANY FOOD STORED IN THE OFFICE KITCHEN IS UP FOR GRABS.
While y'all can help yourself, there will also be a loose plan for group meals to make it easier for everyone:
- For breakfasts, think "Holiday Inn Continental Breakfast". I (or someone else) will cook off some eggs, breakfast meats (as well as vegan 'meat'), fresh fruit, some combo of granola/yogurt/bagels/muffins/pastries/jam/cream cheese. There MIGHT even be pancakes! So, if this basic type of breakfast is up your alley, you're all set. If you want to make an omelette or something, you're welcome to the supply we have. And if you want something different, consider bringing/packing that yourself.
- For lunches, think "Corporate Off-Site BBQ." We'll have fixin's for burgers and dogs (again, we will have vegan options as well). Some various side dishes, veggies, and a deli sandwich bar. This is a serve yourself, though if people want to volunteer to cook off a bunch of burgers/dogs when it's almost lunch time, great.
- For dinners, think "Survivor: Scio." Everyone will be divided into groups of 4 and compete in a grueling GAUNTLET challenge where you're not only battling Mother Nature, but the Nature of Humanity itself. Forge alliances, betray your friends, get stung by a bee. Bask in the glory of navigating a 4 mile obstacle course with a gluttonous reward of roasted penguins and a bathtub of caviar, while your defeated nemeses cry over a cold bowl of tomato soup. Just kidding, dinners will pretty be much be the same thing as breakfasts/lunches. There will be stuff to eat, you MAY have to cook it, OR you might find that someone has taken it upon themselves to cook some stuff to share. There might also be some cool meals made. I'm not 100% sure yet, but was thinking doing something like a Spaghetti dinner, or lasagnas/frozen pizzas.
Lay of the land:
- Pavillion: Plenty of power, beautiful stage, upper balcony and a few grills
- Main House: Catering fridge, oven, sandwich bar, meat slicer, additional smaller fridge. One bedroom and one bathroom but limited use
- A-Frame: Kitchen with fridge, loft with queen bed and twin bed, as well as side room with full bed. Couches to lounge and a fireplace.
- Small Yurt 1: Twin bunk bed with mattresses, power and heat
- Small Yurt 2: No bedframes, but power/heat
- Large Yurt 1: Game room with pool table, foosball, darts, tv and couches
- Large Yurt 2: No bedframes, but power/heat
- Camping area 1: By the river, at least 5-10 spaces
- Camping area 2: Big open meadow, close to covered Cooley bridge and eddy. Plenty of spaces, maybe 15+
- Shower house: 6-8 stalls with curtains plus a row of sinks and mirrors with outlets.
Other things of note:
- Masks and social distancing will not be required and/or enforced. Feel free to take whatever precautions you need to in order to prioritize your health.
- Smoking + vaping will only be allowed in designated areas.
- Campfires will not be allowed, but there are plenty of indoor areas with heat to warm up.
- Power is plentiful, but we will want to bring lighting for paths and other areas. Rope lights work well.
- Plenty of water for drinking, washing, and swimming
- Waterfall area nearby for hanging out, lots of trails
- No sound concerns
- Wifi and a Verizon booster in the A-Frame, otherwise no service
- No pets
- Plenty of parking
© 2021 Check Out The W, a GrandCooley Jam